Youth Ministry at Dixboro UMC
Youth Sunday School is available at 9:00am every Sunday Morning upstairs in the Sunday School.
Youth Group is open to all 6th through 12th graders. Our mission is to encourage, challenge, and equip youth to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We nurture the youth by connecting them with friends and adults, serving together, worshipping, meeting at least twice a month and having fun together in Christ’s name. We will meet the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month from 11:30am-2pm.
Calendar for 2017-2018
Sept. 10 DUMYouth 11:30am-2pm
Sept. 24 DUMYouth
Oct. 1 First Responders Picnic
Oct. 8 DUMYouth
Saturday, Oct. 14 Mission Work at Cass Community Social Services
Oct. 15 CROP Hunger Walk
Friday, Oct. 27 Help at Trunk or Treat
Oct. 29 DUMYouth or Fun Halloween Themed Event
Nov. 12 DUMYouth
Nov. 26 DUMYouth
December something fun!
Jan. 14 DUMYouth
Jan. 26-27 Overnight Event
Feb. 4 Souper Bowl Sunday
Feb. 11 DUMYouth
Feb. 25 DUMYouth
March 11 DUMYouth
April 8 DUMYouth
April 22 DUMYouth
May something fun!
June 10 DUMYouth
Click here to download our 2017-2018 Permission Slip.
We offer a confirmation classes for students who are in 7th grade or older every other year. Confirmation is the opportunity to explore your faith a little more, to make a commitment to calling Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and become a member of the United Methodist Church. Click here for pictures from our last confirmation class.
Food Gatherers Permission Slip
Mission Opportunities: See this link
- Check out the pictures from Cass Community Social Services. Click here
- Motown Mission Experience is a week long service project to Detroit. We stay at Metropolitan United Methodist Church at night and then go out into the community at a worksite during the day. This past year was our first year going and it was wonderful! Check out the pictures and movies from this year 2014.
- FROG Week: F.R.O.G (Friends Reaching Out for God) is a week long mission day camp during the summer, where we go out into the community for part of the day serving God and the other half of the day we have fun fellowshipping together. See pictures & movie from 2015.
- CROP Walk - Please join us for the Annual Washtenaw/Ann Arbor CROP Hunger Walk in October. We walk to raise funds for hunger and poverty relief here and around the world as well as witness for justice for our poorest neighbors experiencing hunger in a world of plenty.
- Caroling at Christmas time is always fun!
- Fasting Event
- Dinner after the Youth Christmas Program 1st Sunday of December.
- Souper Bowl Sunday either stay to eat or take soup home to enjoy later in the day while you are watching the Super Bowl.
- Baked Potato Bar in March
- Easter Breakfast at 10:00am between services
- 30 Hour Famine for World Vision
- Free Will Offerings
- Noisy change collection for camp scholarships.
- Dixboro UMC has a rich history in sending children and youth to camp with the support from the congregation. This past year we sent 11 youth to camp and they had a wonderful time at Lake Louise Camp.
Contact Rev. Mary Hagley for more information.
Food Gatherers Permission Slip